Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

This year we had our usual Valentine Party at home, which is easy to do with 5 kids still at home. It was so much fun. I asked each of the kids to make or purchase Valentine gifts for each of their siblings keeping in mind a $2 price limit, but suggesting $1 or under. They came up with some of the most fun ideas. Some of them purchased favorite candies which included an entire pack of Kit Kats for Luke (his favorite), huge Laffy taffy sticks, Kelly's favorite Maui Melon gum in a 2 pack, rolls of bubble gum, and other not necessarily Valentine candy. Other gifts included coupons for helping one another as Kelly gave a free essay typing coupon to Katy. Lisa Dawn gave me coupons for free pedicure so that should be fun.

Katy put each of her gifts in a red lunch sack and wrote a sweet note on the outside to each sibling. Lisa Dawn wrapped hers in pretty ribbon. Mark wrapped his in tissue paper and was so adorable when he attached a Valentine (good for one free Krispy Kreme) to the package as a bow,being sure to roll the tape and put it behind the card so it wouldn't show. I don't know where he learned that and later Luke told me he showed him.

It is so delightful for me as a mom to see the kids taking "pains" to bring smiles to one another. I also had them share a "sweet thought" about each of their brothers and sisters. They came up with some pretty wonderful things and two of them even cried while commenting.

Overall, I was so proud of the job each of them did making it enjoyable for all. Kelly made some super cute Valentines which you will find in the next post which shows a few fun pictures and then each of the Valentines Kels made.

1 comment:

Clare said...

I am bummed I wasn't there! Nobody sent me any Valentines.:( I miss everybody-it is a good thing I am coming soon otherwise I would perish! They are all looking so old- I want to eat Mark with a spoon. No wonder he gets away with everything!:) I love you all...