Saturday, April 17, 2010

Not Just for Today, But for Always

Life moves on even when we are sad, or lonely. Even when we can barely put one foot in front of the other. Life goes on even when times are terrific. Money is great, bills all paid, presents all wrapped, party all lined up and guests haven't started arriving. You know all those times when you think ahhhhhh, this time I finally got it right. Although the reality for me is that I seldom feel that I got it all right. I rarely feel all caught up either. But today, I am ok with all those things. I just want to get back to normal, whatever that is for me.

Normal by my definition is when Rob goes to work, the house needs cleaning, the kids need schooling, the sun is shining or else it is raining, but whatever, and my heart is not overly burdened with someone I love. So today is not normal, but perhaps tomorrow or next week.

So for today I will cling to what I know. God is faithful, compassionate, loving, tender and merciful to His children. God sees us as far different than we see ourselves. We are His creation, the work of His fingers. I know that all things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to His purposes. I know that Jesus died for me and rose again! Hallelujah! And I know that it is enough. Not just for today, but for everyday and for always.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You guys really are having a "Job" moment. But like Job, your faith will see you through to better times. We're praying for you all. Love you!

Robyn said...

I wish I could "maka all better" as my kids used to say. But since no one can really fix this, just know we are praying for you. Glad you can still see the rainbow for the clouds though. Maybe that means you don't have as much to learn through this trial so hopefully it will pass quickly! love ya~

Ann said...

Love you Lisa and always praying for all of you.

Clare said...

I hate times such as these, but they do help me appreciate "normal" when it finally comes back around. I am praying for you all. My heart is heavy, too...

Paula Henley said...

I'm always the last to know anything - so I'm a day late and a dollar short - as Momma used to say. Talked to your Mom today and she informed me of the situation on your end!!! Just know you are in our prayers and hearts. Where God closes one door He opens another...of course since we're His children we just walk right on in and make ourselves at home! Love you all!!!