When I was a little girl my family went camping all the time. Most of the time, I didn't care for it unless a friend came along. If no one came with me then I was always lonely. The boys all had each other, mom had dad and I had no one. I took many a lonely walk while camping. I really grew to appreciate God's wonderful, marvelous creation. I absolutely loved the wildflowers and that has not changed. I still love them. I would turn anything I could find into a friend and I would tell my new friend everything. I talked all the time and it never mattered if anyone was listening or not. I knew that God was hearing me.
I always liked the food when we went camping. It was always so good and something about being outdoors made it taste even better. My mom made great camp food. We would have fried potatoes, baked potatoes, corn, steak, green beans, fried chicken (my favorite) and well you get the picture. One of my favorite parts is that we could have soda which we didn't normally get at home.
I think one of the main reasons I did not like camping is that we camped in the mountains. I would get so sick going around those curvy roads. I was never going to go camping when I grew up.
But, I did (I still try to avoid the mountains) I am glad because it really makes one appreciate the conveniences at home. A shower seldom feels better than when you haven't been in your own shower for several days. A washer/dryer is a welcome sight, and a dishwasher and a refrigerator suddenly become newly found friends.
So, I better get back to my prep work for our latest adventure. By the way, another reason I have never been a huge camping fan is the weather. Did I mention that the forecast for the weekend is: raining?

4 comments:
It's not camping if there's no rain;) I didn't care for camping growing up either. But now it is one of our families favorite things to do. I love that there is NO schedule, we truly just hang out being a family with little to distract us from quality time. Hope your weekend is wonderful. Wish I was going:(
Isn't it funny you hated camping because you were in the mountains, and I hated camping because we weren't. Taking your camper to a desert camp-site with hook-ups does NOT make it camping. I longed for trees, and trails :)
I hope your trip will be wonderful - rain or no rain. You won't be alone, you'll have family and friends to talk to.
So true....Mom makes GREAT camp food :)
Okay, so it is no secret that I hated camping when I was younger and... I still don't care for it!:) Since I practically live in the mountains I get plenty of time to appreciate the beauty from my backyard but still get to shower without flip-flops!:) I am glad you enjoy it, though, and I am sure I will end up going sooner or later because our kids would love it. Have fun and roast a marshmallow for me!
Hi,
Actually it's funny because when I was little that was my story (including the mother nature thing). Every time I ended up being alone I would go outside. That's why I was really skinny as a child I would always play outside. That's also how I got so many freckles.
Post a Comment