I can't tell you how excited I am to be returning to live near my sister again. We do not always get on fabulously and yes, sometimes we fight (just a little:) but we have many fun times together, too. The fun times far outweigh the difficult ones.
Here are ten reasons why I am glad she is my sister:
l. She is a fountain of talent. She doesn't sing or dance that I am aware of, but she does play the piano, writes well, is humorous and understands computers while I only do one of those things with any real ability.
2. She doesn't try to talk me into things that I don't want to do while I on the other hand am always trying to convince her to do "something". Nina, do these words sound familiar, "It'll be fun!"
3. She cheers me when I am sad.
4. She doesn't insult the way I dress or look. She is complimentary and encouraging especially when I feel old or am having a bad hair day.
5. We laugh at things that only sister's laugh at: like things our mother says such as "Are you wearing that?" with a tone that implies you really aren't going to be wearing it even if you were."
6. We both love Longabergers, Americana, America and shopping.
7. She gets very excited when I tell her about my latest "good deal" and she never says I shouldn't have bought it.
8. She respects my opinion even when I don't deserve it.
9. She shares all of her good ideas with me.
10. She cooks fun things and my son loves her scones.
Thank you, Nina, for being a great sister. Thank you for house shopping for me! Thank you for praying and caring about all of my family. I love you. Nina,2

5 comments:
Isn't it wonderful that we have such amazing sisters? I think every one of those things is true about my sister as well. Funny, our mom sometimes pulls the "are you wearing that?" line, too...:) Thanks for giving me such a great sister, mom! I will agree you have a pretty great sister, too.:)
Such a sweet post. I'm honored! THANK YOU!!! I am also blessed to have such a great sister, for when we have good times they are GOOD times. And when we have bad times, we always manage, through God's grace, to work it out.
I'm actually quite excited to house shop for you. In all honesty, of course I wish we were doing it together, but it will be fun to check over everything and give you my opinion. Hopefully I can narrow it down just a bit for you!
We're praying for the sale of your current home, and know God has something wonderful for you to purchase next. And if I 'find' it for you, I promise not to rub it in.........too much :)
I love the relationship I have with my sister! I am glad you get to enjoy that type of relationship with yours too. So many times I tell people my sister is my best friend, and I think it is SO true. Just like you said, a sister "gets" you in ways a friend never could. Not to mention my fab sis and I share like a TON in common;) Thanks for sharing such sweet thoughts mom. Makes me wish I was closer to my Nina:(
Lara, I'm hurt. A sister, just one??? What about me??? You do indubitably have four of us! And what am I chopped livers? If Robyn got all the good stuff, what do I get? Obviously nothing! Actually just kidding. I know, that I don't get to have a bestie 'cause the 3 I could have had are already taken! (Booo!) But I'll remember that next time you want me to come see you! I'll say, 'Just have you're favorite sister come!' Actually I won't, (Because I'm always looking for an excuse to get out!) But anywho, sweet post mom. And Lara, I still love (but only cause I have to! JK!!) Kels
This blog makes me want to fly to AZ and hug my sister! What a sweet way to say thanks - aren't we so lucky to be blessed with such amazing families?!?!
Thanks for the reminder...now I have to go call my sis :0) & tell her how much she means to me!!
Post a Comment