Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

I was in the store today, imagine that? I nearly walked into a large Christmas tree, which of course brought my thoughts to Christmas. I am very excited about this Holy Day this year. I have been studying the book of Esther. In my studies I was reminded that this celebrating of the feast days was such a way of remembering. It was such a part of the heritage of the Jews. Even though they were in exile they still celebrated! How wonderful for me to be studying this right now. I was so uplifted by thinking about how we can pass this heritage on to our children. How wonderful that Esther had people in her life that raised up Godly seed so she in time could obey and do the will of the Father and "save" the people from death.

What an important task we moms have to do the same for our children. Let's make sure that our "celebrations" are special and our children understand the cause of much rejoicing! "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld His glory. "

4 comments:

Inspired 2 Smile said...

It sure is easy to get bitter when we behold how our society has commercialized and tried to steal the reverence of Christmas. Your message has motivated me to swallow the bitterness and let my words and actions try to echo the genuine enthusiasm surely held by the sweetest of saints when they celebrated this holiday in times of old.

Clare said...

I am excited for Christmas, too. Mostly before because I was going to be back home with all of you, but now I am excited to help make it a very special holy day. Josie, especially, is getting to the perfect age to begin to pass on traditions both old and new!

Robyn said...

Christmas has never been one of my favorite holidays, simply due to the fact that it is so commercialized the meaning is lost! However it makes me treasure even more the fact that my children DO understand why we celebrate Christmas. I yearly endeavor to make our traditions and such reflect that. Our little manager scene you gave us is one way we do that:) Thanks for all the great memories and traditions that you passed on to us. I also want to thank you for never making us(the big kids) feel guilty for not spending the holidays with you which lets us start our own traditions. Love you!~Robyn

Rachel said...

You have to be careful of those Christmas trees. They've been known to kill people! Especially when they fall in the middle of the night and your sister isn't there to help you pick it up :)