Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tag, Someone Else Is It

This post is in response to the "tag" post. My answers seem boring to me, but here they are for what it is worth.

1. I love a Cinderella story. I often read the end of a book after only the first few pages. If I don't like how it ends I will not finish it, unless it is a non-fiction book, in which case I do not read the ending first.

2. One of my favorite things to do is read to my children. Over the years, I have read many, many books. Many fond memories come from these times together. We often quote from some of our favorites and we talk about the characters as if they were real.

3. I don't think this blog would be complete without a "quirk" or two. One quirk I have is tags. I can't tolerate a tag in my clothing. Some items I won't even buy if I think the tag will be a hindrance and can't be easily removed. Down with tags!

4. I adore the smell of fresh laundry. I am a number one fan of Downy fabric softener in almost any scent, there is one I especially do not like. I really like hanging clothes out on a clothes line, too, but this isn't permitted in our neighborhood. Who knew?

5. I really like a completely matching outfit, right down to the shoes. However, I am often too cheap to buy it at full price, and often find pieces missing by the time it all goes on sale. I also lack the ability to put outfits together and have them look great like some people I know. However, I am a great bargain shopper and seldom pay "too much" for clothing.

6. I function best after eight hours of sleep. I seldom get more than seven, so who knows how effective I could really be if I got the sleep I need. OOPs! I better sign off or I won't even get my seven hours in tonight.

I am tagging my friend Patti and hoping she will respond soon.

5 comments:

Clare said...

I am glad you did this mom. Who knew so many people in our family had such strong feelings about fabric softener? Crazy, but I read about a lady yesterday who uses white vinegar in place of fabric softener-yuck!

Rachel said...

I'm laughing at the thought of clothes hanging on a line in your neighborhood.

I'm addicted to Downy now because of you. I used to hate my clothes to smell of anything artificial, now I can't get enough of it and I often switch fragrances so I can continue to smell it :)

Robyn said...

I do always think that our family is blessed to breed readers:) I really hope I don't screw up Gillyan, because I so want her to love reading the way all of us do.
That's one reason I want to do little house in Co-op I remember you reading that us when we were growing up.

Lisa Dawn said...

I love reading too, and know I got this from you. Good thing you have me as your personal stylist to help you put outfits together.

Grace said...

i love cinderella story... :) how was your weekend?