Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Every Day's a Holiday with You!

My husband and I just returned from a quick overnight trip. The trip was meant for business and not for pleasure. As it turned out, the time in the car was very pleasurable and even though our time together was only in "short spurts" it was sweet. I couldn't help but think of the song, Every Day's a Holiday with You. I love to celebrate just being together. It is so much more fun than holiday preparation and fanfare. Life's simple pleasures can bring so much joy. A goodnight kiss after a long, weary day, a coke and a smile, sharing a joke, a refreshing chat with an old friend, a stroll in the park, a picnic lunch (my favorite), well, you get the idea so go make someone's day and celebrate just being together.

4 comments:

Clare said...

Lara hates nicklicks. Just kidding! Do you have to remind me that my husband is thousands of miles away? No, really I feel the same as you. Anything is pleasurable if we are given the opportunity to do it with someone we love-especially someone who does all the driving!I just keep telling myself abscence makes the heart grow fonder. I will be very,very fond of my hubby. :)

Rachel said...

My favorite simple thing is of course conversation over a Starbucks coffee.......yum!

Inspired 2 Smile said...

We're long overdue for a date night. Time to move that up the priority scale. Sometimes our dates are as simple as a few precious moments at the Sonic down the street.

Robyn said...

Mom your post made me cry. I am one of the few people that doesn't get excited about most holiday (Easter is my exception) and I realized the reason is for exactly what you said. We get all caught up in the hoopla of the holiday and forget to celebrate family. With Steve's departure just around the corner, I am desperately trying to store up those "holiday" moments. One of our favorites is popcorn on the sofa watching something we DVR'ed once the kids are in bed:)
However this year I can say I am looking forward to Thanksgiving with all of you!