At this Thanksgiving time this year I have really tried to focus on praising God for who He is and not just for what He does. I feel that the two are sometimes very intertwined, but sometimes very different. I think one of my favorite attributes of God is; He never changes. I am all about stability, knowing I can count on things to be a certain way, but life has taught me that the only thing that doesn't change and can always be counted on is God.
A time of giving thanks is so refreshing to my soul and spirit. I tend to be negative so this is such a positive experience. I am thankful for so many things, one of which is my family. For the past few days I have been enjoying Robyn, Clare and the four grandbabies being home again.
It is such a blessing to see how the grandchildren are growing, changing and becoming little "mini" copies of their parents. I have derived great delight in watching the two now adult children displaying character traits of their Dad. I am really seeing how we influenced them. It is interesting watching them parent their children. They do a great job.
It will get even more exciting tomorrow when the great grandparents arrive and the great aunt and uncle. When the family that will gather this year all arrives we will have a full house with 19 of us present.
So let the fun begin! Have a very blessed Thanksgiving! Always remember, the Father is watching to see if we display character traits of His Son.
Into the Unknown
6 years ago

3 comments:
Here we come.......can not wait!
Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours!!!
Surprise! We're popping in on you guys to celebrate. Heee... just kidding, but can you imagine?
It has been so great to be here mom. Chatting with you is more fun than blogging, even! We are the bestest family ever. :)
Post a Comment