Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Wonder of Snow


There is so much talk of snow these days. I love, love, love it. I can't even express the happy feeling it gives me to watch those little flakes falling. I don't really know why. When I was little I lived in the south. Snow was very rare and seldom lasting. I can only really remember it snowing one time as a child. I remember building a snowman with my family and friend. It must have snowed more than once because I remember my mom making snow ice cream. It was yummy!


I don't even have to be too jealous of all of you who are getting blasted with snow because we have had our own snow! The picture was taken from our upstairs window looking down on the street. Can you see it? Not really because it is covered with snow. It is great. We have had snow for a number of days now and I can't explain the holiday feeling it gives me. Bring on the hot cocoa (French Vanilla, Dark Chocolate, or Hazelnut). I have to tear myself away from the window and get some presents wrapped. Thank you Lord for all the snow.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

A little Gerbil helped me post the picture. Thank you to the Gerbil.

Rachel said...

Wow! Pics on your blog...it really IS Christmas :) Great picture too!

We're enjoying our snow and a few things have been closed, but it really takes a lot to close down our city, which is used to snow. I have been staying home since I love it, but don't drive in it!

Have a great time getting in the Christmas spirit with snow, hot cocoa and gift wrapping. And yes, thank you Lord for snow, especially at Christmas. It just feels so right!

Inspired 2 Smile said...

So very pretty. Still trying to figure out the truck up by the neighbor's door. We took pictures at an outdoor Colorado wedding today... 20 degrees, bride in a strapless gown, no snow but a beautiful day.

Thanks for encouraging my kiddo. She was having a need for encouragement today. Your comments and Rachel's gave her - her smile back tonight. Thanks again.