l. I like singing hymns in church or anywhere else. I especially like the third verses that people hardly ever sing. On of my very favorites is the third verse of How Great Thou Art. Hymns are very soothing when I feel down or depressed, yet they are also very upbeat when I want to celebrate such as When We All Get to Heaven. What a day of rejoicing that will be!
2. One of life's minor thrills is when I can check off all the boxes on my daily to do list. That doesn't happen often so when it does I give myself a mental star.
3. I love, love, love a happy. I like giving them as well as getting them. Most recently I gave one of the "new, green shopping bags" to a friend. It was very cute. It had daisies all over it. I put goodies in it and took it to her. She was excited. She said she always wanted one, but didn't own any. That made me happy. It's the little things in life that sometimes count the most like knowing someone was thinking of you for no special reason at all.
4. I am having tons of fun with my new Vera and the matching pieces. I never knew how fun it would be but now I think I am hooked. I need more matching pieces. Fun! Fun! Fun! I should have listened to Robyn sooner. Thank you, dear. I hope it isn't too late for me to learn one of life's lessons about matching all the pieces.
5. Benches are one of my favorite furniture pieces. They are cozy and quaint and warm and "homey". Put a magazine or book on them and an afghan and it is a great mini retreat from the ills of the day.
How random is all of this?
Into the Unknown
6 years ago

4 comments:
Every one of those sounds fantastic. Now I don't want to work today, I want to hang out on a homey bench and read Country Living :)
Never discount having all the matching pieces. I agree, it took me a while to catch on. But I have discovered when shopping that if I can't find something to match a piece I want then I should pass. Thus, it works (sometimes!) as money-saver!
You should come to our church, our music minister never lets us skip one stanza!
I do so love a list, you know I daily check off all my "to-do's"
The little black bench Steve made me before he left is one of my very favorite pieces of furniture. In fact I love it so much I can't decide where I want it most! I have moved 3x so far:)
A purse without the matching pieces is like a cake without the frosting. Vera's work best for this!
See and now my comment is as random as your list!
How fun mom. I love a hymn too, even though I love other music, there's nothing like a hymn!!! I love having a the pieces to a Vera! I was so excited when I recieved all the pieces to both my purses! What a fun list. I love you, Keck
Post a Comment