Monday, May 18, 2009

All Done Now

Tonight I went to yet another end of the year function, I think that makes 5 or 6 now, and I had to say good-bye to so many of my friends. I am all done now with saying good-bye. I know I really am only just starting to say good-bye, but somehow I would like to be finished. These final weeks will continue to be painful as I realize that each time I say good-bye, I really will not see many of these people again in this life. I try not to be sad. I know God has a plan, and not just any plan, a much greater plan than I could ever hope, dream or imagine.

I was reflecting back on this time last year. It was almost this exact same time when our Executive Director at co-op announced her resignation due to an upcoming move. It caught me totally off guard. I was so sad. I did not think she could ever be replaced. But God, Who is tender in His mercy toward us, had a much greater plan. Her replacement turned out to be every bit as wonderful and exactly what our co-op needed to cope with the growth which was taking place. Isn't that so like our God? I know He wants me to be reminded that He is aware of all the pain involved with a move and He cares so much.

So even though I feel "All done now", I pray that God is not all done with me and that He will give me a new vision and focus as I seek to serve Him whereever He takes me.

2 comments:

Clare said...

It is so hard to leave. I try to remember that people turn up in the strangest places (like our family moving back to Colorado!) and that we never know what God has planned. I guess it is better to be sad upon leaving than happy, right? I'm praying for you!

Inspired 2 Smile said...

Blessed are the lives you've touched in all the places the Lord has taken you to plant seeds, water and harvest. Look out Vancouver!