Monday can sometimes be a terrible, horrible, no good, Alexander very bad day at our house. It usually doesn't matter how much I try to get it not to be, it just is. I think the kids get out of any routine or shedule because Friday is co-op day, Saturday is well, Saturday and Sunday is The Lord's Day. So by the time Monday rolls around we have to spend most of the day catching up with ourselves and trying to establish a schedule that will work for 3-4 days or so until Friday comes again and we start the vicious cycle all over again.
However, today wasn't one of those usual Mondays and I am so thankful to the Lord for a pleasant one. The sun was shining this morning, but not for very long, but that is ok because spring is in the air and although I tend to be a winter person, this year I welcome it. Mark has been taking a Botany and Bugs class in co-op and he is growing a marigold, actually 3 plants which he began with seeds and has nurtured and loved them into wonderful little marigold plants. He has also started a rose bush start from what appeared to be nothing more than a stick. It is quite astounding that we could take something that appears quite dead and it would sprout a lovely green group of leaves all in only a little more than a week. Our Creator is truly amazing to have thought of that one. Shouldn't every day truly be a new beginning?
So, even though the kids got sent to bed early, and I can hearing the pitter patter of rain outside, it was still a fairly calm Monday for us and surely tomorrow will find us catching up with ourselves and perhaps even getting a little ahead. Wouldn't that be great?
Into the Unknown
6 years ago

2 comments:
Sounds like a good day to me. Any day my car starts is a pretty good day. :) I think sending the kids to bed early was actually the perfect ending-for you!
You might have just jinxed your 'getting ahead' plan by writing about it. Isn't there something in Murphy's Law about that?! :) Either way, nothing can take away your great Monday and any great day is priceless because, while good days are common, GREAT days only come around once in a while!
Post a Comment