Oh well, like it or not, they grow up. I am excited to have Kate drive, but struggle with releasing her protection to the Lord. I know that He has always taken care of her, from the moment she arrived in this world at 36 weeks to now when she is nearly 18. I know that God is our protection and our strength. He is our refuge and our hiding place. I will really be calling on those attributes of God as I see my Little Kate take wings and fly. I don't really know if she will pass the driver's test or not, but I know that it is too late now to call her back. She is ready for this freedom and the independence it offers. I pray for her safety, for clarity, for wisdom and guidance in the coming days ahead. I give her over to God again (so many times I have done this), and trust Him to care for her in a way that only He can. I trust Him to care for me, too. I need Him to calm my heart, lead me forward and give me a new focus. Somehow I feel the focus might be toward her sister who will be able to drive soon, too. Now, about that strength.
Into the Unknown
6 years ago

4 comments:
It's so hard to believe Kate's going to be driving. I fondly remember my visit to D.C. when she was a baby and I bought her the 'fruit suit'.
Then there was the time she went all stereotypical girlie on us and upon seeing a ladybug shrieked "eeeek" right before smashing the poor thing to smithereens!
She's going to make you proud - I just know it :)
So? It's Saturday night......did she pass the test????
There was no rejoicing in Mudville.
Mom, I hope you are writing all your sage driving advice down somewhere so that I can have ready access to it when I am dealing with my own teen drivers. I am praying that this Saturday is much more successful than last. I know in your heart you want her to be able to drive and you are trusting the Lord to take good care of her. You know He has so far!
Post a Comment