Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Random Thoughts for This day

Thankful I am to God for allowing us to have working heat pumps. This is one of those stories that even though it is drawing to a close is still too fresh to think anything about but thankfulness at the outcome. Maybe next week I will be able to see some of the other pluses, but not today. Today I am just so grateful to hear the marvelous sounds of the clicking on and off of the thermostat and the air running through the ducts and even the little popping of the vents.

So now I am off to the North again. Lisa Dawn gets her braces off today! She is so excited. Nearly two years with no gum chewing is a long time!!!!! I feel certain she might post about it later in the week.

It is a pleasant thought that Steve is back on the homeland and now Robyn's family is complete once more. There is nothing like knowing your family is all together.

The holidays are fast approaching. It should be fun to see what "creativity" arises from the lack of money this year in so many homes.

Shoebox time is here. Collection week is about the middle of November. Let your kids pack those shoeboxes. Give them a budget and see what they buy.

I am still very much rejoicing in the fact that Mark gave his heart to the Lord and Autumn did, too. What a double blessing!

Hope your day is filled with joy and many prayers of thank you for all our God does for us each day.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Yea, you have heat!!!! I know that's been a source of contention for a while now!

So happy Lisa Dawn can chew gum again. I love gum and I always want to share, but she always refuses - such a rule follower she is :)

Clare said...

Mom, I can't believe that I missed TWO of your blog posts! I am so excited that everyone is back in blogland...now maybe I can get some comments!I am more than a little crabby that blogger hasn't been updating the blog rolls. Anyway, I know what Lisa Dawn is getting in her stocking...:)