Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Different Valentine's Day

Yesterday was such a fun and exciting day for us. Our church took three teams to AWANA Bible Quizzing competition. First we had the preleminaries and all three of our teams ended up in the finals. That was very exciting. One of the teams was 7th and 8th graders (TREK) and the other two were high schoolers (Journey 24/7). Each of the three teams was awarded third place in the preliminary rounds.

However, at day's conclusion our TREK team was awarded FIRST place and we didn't think it could get much better than that and then one of our Journey 24/7 teams won FIRST place, too. We were beside ourselves. Did I mention that one of my children was on each of the winning teams? YEP! That was such a highlight. I can't tell you the thrill of knowing how they have hidden God's Word in their hearts and minds. I was one of the coaches for the TREK team and so now I have many of those verses in my heart and mind as well. I have to admit, it was one of the best Valentines Days ever!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

When you get frustrated with home schooling you should read this post over and over. Obviously you're doing the most important thing right.....teaching them to love our Lord! Way to go!!!

Clare said...

I know you weren't really excited to Quiz on this day so I am glad things turned out well for you. Don't worry, my Valentine's wasn't about hearts and romance, either! Sometimes it is nice to have a change of pace, right?

Inspired 2 Smile said...

You have much to be proud of and how wonderful it will be to have more verses to flood your mind as needed.