Moving has been such a way of life for me that one would think that I absolutely adore it. Not really, but it does give life a few twists and turns and never allows it to get boring. I have heard about boredom, but haven't had a chance to experience it for myself.
So we are on the move again. I am trying to get our house ready to be marketed. Any tips for getting rid of things and making the rest of the "stuff" look great please send my way. I long to have my sister nearby to help with this awkward task. I took two huge black trash bags of clothing to Goodwill today and that was from my closet only. Those who know me well would be extremely proud of me because just after I dropped my donations by the truck at Wallyworld I went in to buy a few necessities. While there I happened by clothes (you know that is on the way to anything for me), there were some adorable "jackets" for only $3. It was a struggle, but I passed them up simply by thinking about having to hang one more thing in my house.
I really need to make a checklist so I can see my slow progress in clearing and cleaning, but I am afraid of being overwhelmed if I actually write it all down. I have been able to remain reasonably sane because The Lord has been more than gracious which I feel is a direct result of much prayer by my friends.
Any encouraging thoughts or words would be greatly appreciated as I work through this chapter in my life.
Into the Unknown
6 years ago

4 comments:
I could find much more inspiration to impart if you were moving back this direction!! Honestly, I know that you will continually see the Lord's hand at work and actually inspire us to see the beauty of lessons learned in the toils and tribulations. Keep blogging!
I know you can do it because you always do it. It is as if Philippians 4:13 was written especially for you. And remember, the Lord will see the thoughts and intentions of your heart. He knows you are trying and He will bless that. I have way too much stuff and I only have 2 kids so I can only offer sympathy. The other adult daughter is definitely the one to ask!
Keep your eye on the prize.....a huge new house, just waiting to be filled with treasures from tax-free Portland :)
If you pay me enough I will be glad to rid you of all your things. I will simply need fuel and a match:) No really I know it seems overwhelming, but you have always done it before. So hopefully you have picked up a few tricks along the way.
Post a Comment