It is great to see a new post whenever you decide to steal a moment to read blogs so I thought I should post something new, too. The problem is most days I don't know if I am coming or going. Take today for instance, I was up by 5:30 a.m., driving one child to their pick up point, coming home, at 7:30 a.m. driving a second child to their drop-off point then driving home, then picking up again at noon then stalling for 1 hour to go to piano/guitar for two of the children, then returning home only to leave again at 6:15 for AWANA. Somewhere in between the dropping off and picking up I managed to do a little laundry, a little school, plan a council time for AWANA, make 2 meals, etc. etc.
No wonder my blogs aren't too exciting. My life is a little crazy right now. However, in the midst of all my comings and goings I see many people each day. Now here is my latest agitation with people: How they dress or the lack thereof? I know I run the risk of offending some of you in blogland, but I am willing to take my chances. Lately, I have seen so many people running around in what appears to me to be house shoes or slippers to some. I think house slippers belong at home or at least in the house. Do these people not own shoes appropriate for outdoor wear? Have they all recently had foot surgery therefore need "slippers" in the middle of winter? Has our life really been reduced to such a "who cares" attitude about our clothing? How about hair? Do some of them really not own hairbrushes? People really seem to take the casual approach to everything. Maybe it is because I feel better when I am "dressed" for the day complete with make-up, hair combed, street shoes, clean shirt and jeans and most days even a "jacket". Perhaps the new style of "dressing" and I use that term loosely, really is acceptable and I have just been spending far too much time in the car and no time watching "What Not to Wear".
Into the Unknown
6 years ago

4 comments:
I do believe that you, Rachel Dawn and myself should form a coalition to not allow bedroom attire to be worn in public. I mean, seriously, I saw a man (yes, a male!) in huge Goofy head slippers and pajama pants at Wal-Mart-with his wife! He wasn't young, either. Not that age makes such a crime more acceptable! I think it is just a sign of the laziness of this present age. Also, how disgusting would your slippers be after wearing them in all that rain? I am disgusted just thinking about it!
You know I'm with you 100%. And clare is soooo right. How disgusting are their 'shoes' once they wear them outside?!
I will join the coalition,in fact I want to start a chapter at my college. At Pierce I think the there's some unwritten dress code of longe pants with words on back,uggs or slippers,and those $90fuzzy useless in the rain Northface jackets.However,my favorite is when girls wear that then do their hair up and wear pearls.
I'm equally against spandex in public... even in a workout room!
Post a Comment