Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Plan

Every morning I wake up with a plan for my day. Ok, some days that simply means just getting through it. However, most days I actually have a plan. Today, however, is one of the just survive it days. It is one of those days when I need to be two people. It is one of those days when I think it would be great for my husband to have a job close by where he could help, but, alas he doesn't. So, because my knight in shining armour isn't going to swoop down and save me, then I am going to have to muddle through. I will resort to making a list and putting the things which can't be put off or rescheduled near the top. Even as I write this I can see the must do list getting longer. Today I must pick up a prescription (at the base, not close by). I need milk and bread and I will be at the base already so that means a trip to the commissary is in order. No small feat for a family of 7 and no menus planned. I can do that in the car during the 30 minute trip. I can bring along a little scribe to help with the planning. I need to make some phone calls for appointments, but it is still too early for that. Ok. Kelly needs help with a homework assignment for group class and of course, only mom will do. Later today, Katy needs to go to the college to pick up her books and attend a mandatory orientation. Sounds like more fun and games for mom. Well, this is how Thursday goes. Actually, I don't know how I will make it all work, but I am glad to have the opportunity to try. Did I mention trying to schedule 3 weekend trips? That's another day!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

WHERE did my original comment go? Grrrrr! I am upset at the computer now. Your posts aren't showing up and I have to click on the left side to see that 4 posts have been made so far in September. I am confused (what's new?)

Clare said...

Okay, so maybe being a geographically single mom with only two kids isn't so bad! I have lived with you and you pretty much "do it all"! Go mom!