No, it did not snow! However, I was elated to find out that a meeting I had on Thursday evening was cancelled. This week has proven to be very busy even though it is only Tuesday. I wasn't sure how I was going to fit it all in or find the energy to get it all done. So now I have been given a reprieve and it is a great feeling. It reminds me of a snow day. Those of you who know me know that I adore snow! As homeschoolers we always take the first day it snows as our only snow day for the year. Any amount of snow works for us to bring out the hot chocolate and
marshmallows.
Since it didn't really snow the kids won't be getting a day off of school, but they will have a happier, calmer mom.
Into the Unknown
6 years ago

4 comments:
It's always nice to get that little reprieve when it comes our way.
Hot chocolate sounds NICE! You introduced me to the vanilla hot cocoa and it's still my favorite - yummmmmm.
I could call this a snow day as my mind has become a blizzard of to-do's, concerns, more to-do's, scheduling, etc. So, no school today! It's a day for getting the house back together and organizing my thoughts... "shoveling the drive, you might say." That hot chocolate sounds pretty good, too!
I felt that way last week, but I made my own "snow day". You can't do everything, and if you lose your mind you can't do anything! I am glad you are feeling better about your week!
I think the kids and I will have to deem the first day the temp drops below 70 our first "snow day"! I actually know exactly what you are talking about though. That is how I feel when I am "stuck" at home without a vehicle. It really is a freeing feeling to have no agenda for the day. Maybe we should try to schedule those more often:)
Post a Comment