Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Who Knew?

Did you know that if you do not title your work, then no title is given? See blog just prior to this one. OK, OK, I am still new to this whole blog idea and I am used to blanks that have to be filled in before you can move on to the next item. I tried to go back and add a title, but couldn't figure out how to do that after the fact. Oh well, perhaps someday I will get it all figured out. My kids were laughing at me the other day when I was telling them how I learned to type on a typewriter that wasn't even electric. They don't know how I functioned without spell check. I had a dictionary and many "do overs". They did have white out in those days, but it was paper and not liquid. Every now and then when I really want to let them know how "old" I am, I will write in shorthand. On second thought, maybe these new fangled computers aren't so bad after all.

2 comments:

Clare said...

Clearly, that is why you have such an excellent grasp of spelling and grammar. Perhaps we should all learn how to write on a manual typewriter. What surprises me is how even now people do not use spell-check and we have to wade through a sea of errors. Too bad you can't use it on comments...:)

Rachel said...

I learned to type on an IBM Selectric II. We did have computers in our classroom but they scared me to death, so Amy did all the computer work (which only required that she hit print twice) and I did all the typewriter work, which required double effort. Somehow I think I got the short end of the stick there! :)