Friday, September 19, 2008

"Word Flowers"

Today we have group class. Fridays are our busiest day. I "oversee" the facility that we meet in so I am usually one of the first ones to arrive and always the last one to leave. My sweet husband knows what a busy day it is and so he usually takes me out to dinner. Today he brought me flowers. I really, really like the flowers he brought me. They are really gorgeous fall colors. He brought me flowers and THEN took me to dinner.

It has really been a great day. I was on the phone with a friend thanking her for some special things she had done for me and I realized that friends can give us flowers, too, in their own way. They can do and say things that make us feel wonderful and loved.

Now those of you who know me will understand this so well. Two of the things I appreciate most about the flowers my husband brought is this: they are my favorite kind of flowers and they are not very expensive! That just adds to the beauty for me. That way, I won't have to feel so bad when I throw them out next week.

However, the memory will last a long time just like the memory of the "flowers" from my friend. When was the last time you gave a friend some "flowers"? I think I'll find my kids and give them some word "flowers" right now.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi Nina - You're the best sister ever! I love the idea of word flowers, I'm going to use that term more often. Super cute!

Tonight was Andrea's 40th birthday party at the wine shop and it actually went great. Her friends are super nice and we had a blast visiting family from out of town!

Clare said...

You are making me jealous! Tell dad he did a good job-he loves word flowers too! I am glad you had a great day-that's always nice to hear.

Robyn said...

When I grow up I am going to marry Dad!;)I really miss him! I can't wait to see you guys in November. I know Clare is counting days too.

I was just talking about words to my friend last night, and saying how sometimes I would rather have a sincere compliment than a present! So I will be sure to use the term "word flowers" from now on. Love ya!

Juli said...

Lisa, have your children teach you how to take a picture of your beautiful flowers and then post them on your blog for all to enjoy!

Juli